Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
NAKED, a. Open, discovered, to strip.
1. Not covered bare having no clothes on as a naked body or a naked limb.
2. Unarmed defenseless open exposed having no means of defense or protection against an enemys attack, or against other injury.
Behold my bosom naked to your swords.
3. Open to view not concealed manifest. Hebrews 4 .
4. Destitute of worldly goods. Job 1 .
5. Exposed to shame and disgrace. Exodus 32 .
6. Guilty and exposed to divine wrath. Revelation 3 .
7. Plain evident undisguised as the naked truth.
8. Mere bare simple wanting the necessary additions. God requires of man something besides the naked belief of his being and his word.
9. Not inclosed in a pod or case as naked seeds of a plant.
10. Without leaves, fulcres or arms as a naked stem or trunk.
11. Not assisted by glasses as the naked eye.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Naked'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/n/naked.html.