Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Kareah and captain among the Jews left in the land after the destruction of Jerusalem. He warned Gedaliah of the plot against his life, and when Gedaliah was slain, and the people carried away, he was the means of rescuing them. He would not however listen to Jeremiah and remain in the land, but headed the remnant in going to Egypt, where they practised idolatry. 2 Kings 25:23; Jeremiah 40:8-16; Jeremiah 41:11-16; Jeremiah 42:1-8; Jeremiah 43:2,4,5 .
2. Eldest son of Josiah kingof Judah. 1 Chronicles 3:15 .
3. Son of Elioenai, a descendant of David. 1 Chronicles 3:24 .
4. Son of Azariah, a priest. 1 Chronicles 6:9,10 .
5,6. Two who resorted to David at Ziklag. 1 Chronicles 12:4,12 .
7. An Ephraimite, father of Azariah. 2 Chronicles 28:12 .
8. Son of Hakkatan: he returned from exile. Ezra 8:12 .
9. Son of Eliashib, a Levite. Ezra 10:6; Nehemiah 12:22,23 .
10. Son of Tobiah the Ammonite. Nehemiah 6:18 .
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Morrish, George. Entry for 'Johanan'. Morrish Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/mbd/j/johanan.html. 1897.