Click here to get started today!
Smith's Bible Dictionary
Jaha'zi-el. (whom God watches over).
1. One of the heroes of Benjamin, who joined David at Ziklag. 1 Chronicles 12:4. (B.C. 1055).
2. A priest, in the reign of David. 1 Chronicles 16:6.
3. A Kohathite Levite, third son of Hebron. 1 Chronicles 23:19; 1 Chronicles 24:23.
4. Son of Zechariah, a Levite of the Bene-Asaph, (that is, sons of Asaph), in the reign of Jehoshaphat. 2 Chronicles 20:14. (B.C. 896).
5. The "son of Jahaziel," was the chief of the Bene-Shecaniah, (that is, sons of Shecaniah), who returned from Babylon with Ezra. Ezra 8:5. (B.C. before 459).
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. Entry for 'Jahaziel'. Smith's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/sbd/j/jahaziel.html. 1901.