International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
(1) In 1 Chronicles 12:4 (Hebrew 5), one of David's recruits at Ziklag, a Benjamite or maybe a Judean.
(2) In 1 Chronicles 16:6 , one of two priests appointed by David to sound trumpets before the ark on its journey to Jerusalem. The Septuagint's Codex Vaticanus and Codex Alexandrinus, read "Uzziel."
(3) In 1 Chronicles 23:19; 1 Chronicles 24:23 , a Levite, "son" of Hebron, a Kohathite. Kittel, following the Septuagint, reads "Uzziel."
(4) In 2 Chronicles 20:14 , an Asaphite, son of Zechariah. He encouraged King Jehoshaphat of Judah and his subjects to fight against the Moabite and Ammonite invaders.
(5) In Ezra 8:5 , an ancestor of one of the families of the Restoration. Read probably "of the sons of Zattu, Sheconiah the son of Jahaziel," following 1 Esdras 8:32 (= Jezelus).
These files are public domain and were generously provided by the folks at WordSearch Software.
Orr, James, M.A., D.D. General Editor. Entry for 'Jahaziel'. International Standard Bible Encyclopedia. https://www.studylight.org/encyclopedias/eng/isb/j/jahaziel.html. 1915.