Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #3282 - יַעַן
1) because, therefore, because that, on account of (conjunction)
2) because of, on account of (preposition)
3) why (with interrogative pronoun) (preposition)
1359) no (אהנ AhN) AC: Watch CO: Eye AB: Affliction: The pictograph o is a picture of the eye, the n is a picture of a seed representing continuance. Combined these mean "eye of continuance". The nomadic agriculturist carefully watches over his livestock and crops by keeping a close eye on them. It was common to construct a shelter consisting of a roof on four posts, as a shelter from the glare of the sun. (eng: eye - with the removal of the n)
A) no (אהנ AhN) AC: Watch CO: Furrow AB: Affliction: A watching over something of importance. The furrow formed between the eyes when intently looking or from depression. A cloud as a covering that provides shade.
V) eno (אהנה AhNH) - Afflict: To oppress another causing depression. [Hebrew and Aramaic] KJV (85): (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hiphil, Hitpael, Pual, Piel) afflict, humble, force, exercise, sing - Strongs: H6031 (עָנָה), H6033 (עֲנֵה)
am) nfom (מאהונ MAhWN) - Abode: The dwelling place of a god (temple) , man (home) or animal (den) . Also a retreat. [df: Nyem] KJV (19): habitation, dwelling, den, dwellingplace - Strongs: H4583 (מָעִין)
Nf ) noi (יאהנ YAhN) - I. Because:In the sense of paying attention. II. Yaeyn:An unknown bird. KJV (18): because, even seeing, forasmuch, that, whereas, why, ostrich - Strongs: H3282 (יַעַן), H3283 (יָעֵן)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
יַעַן (for יַעֲנֶה) prop. subst. purpose, intent (from the root עָנָה, عنى to propose any thing by words, to signify), always used as a particle:
(1) as a prep. on account of, Ezekiel 5:9; Haggai 1:9 followed by an inf., Isaiah 37:29.
(2) as a conj., because, in that, Numbers 20:12; 1 Kings 20:42; 2 Kings 22:19 more fully יַעַן אֲשֶׁר Genesis 22:16; 1 Samuel 30:22; 1 Kings 3:11, etc.; more rarely יַעַן כִּי Numbers 11:20; Isaiah 7:5 each followed by a pret. Followed by a fut. יַעַן אֲשֶׁר it is, that, Ezekiel 12:12. It is three times emphatically doubled יַעַן וּבְיַעַן because and because, because that (dieweil), Levit. 26:43 Ezekiel 13:10 and without the copulative יַעַן בְּיַעַן ibid., 36:3. Compare מַעַן.
the Third Week after Epiphany