Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #5669 - עֲבוּר
1) produce, yield
2520) rbo (אהבר AhBR) AC: Cross CO: ? AB: ?: The crossing over or passing through a land or water to gain access to the side beyond. [from: rb- filling a land] (eng: over; ford - with the exchange of the f and b; ferry)
V) rbo (אהבר AhBR) - Cross: To cross over a river or cross through a land. [Hebrew and Aramaic] KJV (573): (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hiphil, Hitpael, Piel, Participle) over, pass, through, go, away - Strongs: H5674 (עָבַר), H5675 (עֲבַר)
dm) rfbo (אהבור AhBWR) - I. Produce:As what passes over the land. II. Purpose:In the sense of crossing over to something KJV (10): corn, sake, that, because, intent, deed, to - Strongs: H5668 (עָבֻר), H5669 (עֲבוּר)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
עֲבוּר pr. subst. passing over, transition, an idea which is transferred to the cause (pr. the passing over of the cause to the effect), the price (for which any thing is transferred from one owner to another), purpose, object (prop. the passing to a thing which we desire to attain). With the prefix בְּ: בַּעֲבוּר becomes
(A) a prep. signifying
(1) propter, because of (compare Talmud בִּשְׁבִיל through the way of, i.e. because of, Germ. von wegen, wegen), Exodus 13:8; 1 Samuel 12:22. With suff. בַּעֲבוּרִי, בַּעֲבוּרֶךָ because of me, thee, etc., 1 Samuel 23:10; Genesis 12:13, 16 Genesis 12:16, 18:26.
(2) pro, for, used concerning the price for which any thing becomes another’s, Amos 2:6, 8:6.
(1) because (compare A, 1), followed by a pret. Micah 2:10.
(2) that (of purpose and object, in order that), followed by a fut. Genesis 27:4; Exodus 9:14 and inf. 2 Samuel 10:3 fully בַּעֲבוּר אֲשֶׁר Genesis 27:10 also לְבַעֲבוּר followed by an inf. 2 Samuel 14:20, 17:14 (compare לְ conj. that.)
(3) while (pr. in the transit sc. of time), 2 Samuel 12:21.
the Second Week after Epiphany