Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #7390 - רַךְ
1) tender, soft, delicate, weak
1a) tender, delicate (of flesh)
1b) weak of heart, timid
1c) soft (of words)
1c1) gentle words (substantive)
1448) kr (רכ RK) AC: ? CO: Loins AB: ?: The pictograph r is a picture of the head of a man, the k is a picture of the palm representing a covering. Combined these mean "man covered". The reproductive organs of the male including the lower abdomen which are always covered.
Jeff Benner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
רַךְ f. רַכַּה adj. (from the root רָכַךְ)
(1) tender, spoken of little children, Genesis 33:13 of cattle, young and tender of flesh, Genesis 18:7.
(2) infirm, 2 Samuel 3:39. עֵינַיִם רַכּוֹת weak, dull eyes [ Genesis 29:17 ], (which was considered a defect, compare 1 Samuel 16:12). Vulg. lippi, Genesis 29:17. LXX. ἀσθενεῖς. Hence
(3) delicate, Deuteronomy 28:54, 56 Deuteronomy 28:56.
(4) soft, Proverbs 15:1. רַכּוֹת soft words, Job 40:27.
(5) רַךְ לֵבָב fearful, Deuteronomy 20:8; 2 Chronicles 13:7.
the Week of Proper 15 / Ordinary 20