Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
King James Dictionary
1. To be the property of as, a field belongs to Richard Roe Jamaica belongs to G.Britain.
2. To be the concern or proper business of to appertain as, it belongs to John Doe to prove his title.
3. To be appendant to.
He went into a desert place belonging to Bethsaida. Luke 9 .
4. To be a part of, or connected with, though detached in place as, a beam or rafter belongs to such a frame, or to such a place in the building.
5. To have relation to.
And David said, to whom belongest thou? 1.Sam 30
6. To be the quality or attribute of.
To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgiveness. Daniel 9
7. To be suitable for.
Strong meat belongeth to them of full age. Hebrews 5
8. To relate to, or be referred to.
He careth for things that belong to the Lord. 50Cor 7
9. To have a legal residence, settlement, or inhabitancy, whether by birth or operation of law, so as to be entitled to maintenance by the parish or town.
Bastards also are settled in the parishes to which the mothers belong. Hence,
10. To be the native of to have original residence.
There is no other country in the world to which the Gipeys could belong.
11. In common language, to have a settled residence to be domiciliated.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Belong'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/b/belong.html.