Click here to learn more!
King James Dictionary
SALVA'TION, n. L. salvo, to save.
1. The act of saving preservation from destruction, danger or great calamity.
2. Appropriately in theology, the redemption of man from the bondage of sin and liability to eternal death, and the conferring on him everlasting happiness. This is the great salvation.
Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation. 2 Corinthians 7 .
3. Deliverance from enemies victory. Exodus 14 .
4. Remission of sins, or saving graces. Luke 19 .
5. The author of man's salvation. Psalms 27 .
6. A term of praise or benediction. Revelation 19 .
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Salvation'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/s/salvation.html.