Click here to learn more!
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
(1) Levites: ( a ) a Korahite doorkeeper of David's reign ( 1 Chronicles 26:2 ); (b ) one of the Levites sent by King Jehoshaphat to teach the
(2) Son of Ishmael (2 Chronicles 19:11 ); "ruler of the house of Judah in all the king's (Jehoshaphat's) matters," i.e. judge in civil cases, the "controversies" of 2 Chronicles 19:8 .
(3) Benjamites, perhaps descended from Ehud (see Curtis, Chron ., 158 ff): ( a ) In 1 Chronicles 8:15; (b ) in 1 Chronicles 8:17 , where the name may be a dittography from 1 Chronicles 8:15 .
(5) One of David's army officers, son and successor of Asahel (1 Chronicles 27:7 ).
(6) One of those who returned from Babylon to Jerusalem with Ezra (Ezra 8:8 ) = "Zaraias" of 1 Esdras 8:34.
(7) One of those who had married foreign wives (Ezra 10:20 ) = "Zabdeus" of 1 Esdras 9:21.
These files are public domain and were generously provided by the folks at WordSearch Software.
Orr, James, M.A., D.D. General Editor. Entry for 'Zebadiah'. International Standard Bible Encyclopedia. https://www.studylight.org/encyclopedias/eng/isb/z/zebadiah.html. 1915.
the Week of Proper 24 / Ordinary 29