Consider helping today!
Old & New Testament Greek Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #4388 - προτίθεμαι
- to place before, to set forth
- to set forth to be looked at, expose to view
- to expose to public view
- of the bodies of the dead
- to let lie in state
- to set before one's self, propose to one's self
- to purpose, determine
Middle voice from G4253 and G5087
προ -τίθημι ,
1. to set before, set forth publicly; so also in mid.: c. acc pers., Romans 3:25 (for a suggested alt, rend., v. MM, xxii).
2. Mid., to set before oneself, propose, purpose: c. inf., Romans 1:13; c. acc rei, Ephesians 1:9.†
Copyright © 1922 by G. Abbott-Smith, D.D., D.C.L.. T & T Clarke, London.
the Third Week after Epiphany