Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #0127 - אֲדָמָה
1) ground, land
1a) ground (as general, tilled, yielding sustenance)
1b) piece of ground, a specific plot of land
1c) earth substance (for building or constructing)
1d) ground as earth’s visible surface
1e) land, territory, country
1f) whole inhabited earth
1g) city in Naphtali
1082) md (דמ DM) AC: ? CO: Blood AB: Likeness: The pictograph d is a door representing the idea of moving back and forth. The m is a picture of water and can represent any liquid especially blood. Combined these pictures mean "the moving back and forth of water" or the "flowing of blood". Similarly, the grape plant takes water from the ground and moves it to the fruit where the water becomes the blood of the grape. (eng: dumb)
A) md (דמ DM) AC: ? CO: Blood AB: ?: The blood of man is also water, which moves through the body. When the blood is shed, the man or animal becomes silent. A son from the blood of his father resembles his father.
V) emd (דמה DMH) - I. Compare:To perceive something like something else. [Hebrew and Aramaic] II. Silence:To become silent as one dead. KJV (47): (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hitpael, Piel) like, liken, thought, compared, devised, mean, similitude - Strongs: H1819 (דָּמָה), H1820 (דָּמָה), H1821 (דְּמָה)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
(1) earth (perh. so called from being red, or tawnyish [“see Credner on Joel, p. 125, seq.” Ges. add.]), Exodus 20:21 used of dust which mourners put upon their heads, 1 Samuel 4:12; 2 Samuel 15:32.
(2) the ground which is tilled, field, land, Genesis 4:2, 47:19, 22 Genesis 47:22, 23 Genesis 47:23; Psalms 105:35; Isaiah 28:24 אֲדָמָה אֹהֵב “one who loves the ground,” i.e. agriculture, 2 Chronicles 26:10 used of the produce of the ground, Isaiah 1:7.
(3) land, region, country, Genesis 28:15 אַדְמַת יְהֹוָה “the land of Jehovah,” i.e. Canaan, Isaiah 14:2 pl. אֲדָמוֹת lands, regions, once Psalms 49:12.
(4) the earth, Genesis 4:11, 6:1 7:4.
(5) [Adamah], pr.n. of a town of the tribe of Naphtali, Joshua 19:36.
the Seventh Week after Easter