Consider helping today!
The Eight Night Visions And Accompanying Oracles (Zechariah 1:7 to Zechariah 6:8 ).
Zechariah now goes on to describe eight night visions, which he appears to have had in one night, which are in the main accompanied by oracles. These portray the commencement of the new beginning and are as follows:
· The Horsemen Scouts go through the whole earth and find it at rest - Jerusalem will be restored (Zechariah 1:7-17).
· The Four Horns and the Four Smiths - the opposing nations will be pared back (Zechariah 1:18-21).
· The Man With The Measuring Line to Measure Jerusalem - Jerusalem will be reoccupied and God will dwell among His people (Zechariah 2:1-13).
· The Accusation and Cleansing Of Joshua the High Priest - the High Priesthood is restored and the promise is made of the coming Branch (Zechariah 3:1-10).
· The Golden Lampstand and the Two Olive Trees - Zerubbabel, with Joshua, (the two anointed ones), will rebuild the Temple (Zechariah 4:1-14).
· The Flying Scroll - a curse will go out that will rid the land of sin (Zechariah 5:1-4).
· The Woman in the Ephah - wickedness is to be despatched to Shinar/Babylon (Zechariah 5:5-11).
· The Chariots, which are the Four Winds from the Lord, will travel through the whole earth and especially bring quietness in the north (Zechariah 6:1-8), the source of past invasion. Jerusalem will dwell securely.
Thus the process of restoring and ensuring the security of Jerusalem, is to be accompanied by the restoration of the High Priesthood, the rebuilding of the Temple against all odds, the purification of the whole land, the removal of wickedness, and the ensuring of peace in the north (Mesopotamia).
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Pett, Peter. "Commentary on Zechariah 2". "Pett's Commentary on the Bible ". https://www.studylight.org/
Eve of Ascension