Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
1. Preserving from evil or destruction hindering from waste or loss sparing taking or using in time.
3. a. Frugal not lavish avoiding unnecessary expenses economical parsimonious. But it implies less rigorous economy than parsimonious as a saving husbandman or housekeeper.
4. That saves in returns or receipts the principal or sum employed or expended that incurs no loss, though not gainful as a saving bargain. The ship has made a saving voyage.
5. That secures everlasting salvation as saving grace.
1. Something kept from being expended or lost.
By reducing the interest of the debt, the nation makes a saving.
2. Exception reservation.
Contend not with those that are too strong for us, but still with a saving to honesty.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Saving'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/s/saving.html.