Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
SAW, pret. of see.
SAW, n. See the Verb.
1. A cutting instrument consisting of a blade or thin plate of iron or steel, with one edge dentated or toothed.
2. A saying proverb maxim decree. Obs. See Say.
SAW, pret. sawed pp. sawed or sawn. L. seco
1. To cut with a saw to separate with a saw as, to saw timber or marble.
2. To form by cutting with a saw as, to saw boards or planks, that is, to saw timber into boards or planks.
1. To use a saw to practice sawing as, a man saws well.
2. To cut with a saw as, the mill saws fast or well.
3. To be cut with a saw as, the timber saws smooth.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Saw'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/s/saw.html.