Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #4932 - מִשְׁנֶה
1) double, copy, second, repetition
1b) copy (of law)
1c) second (in order)
1c1) second rank
1c2) second in age
1d) second quarter or district
1474) ns (סהנ ShN) AC: Sharp CO: Teeth AB: ?: The pictograph s is a picture of the teeth, the n is a picture of a seed representing continuance. Combined these mean "teeth continue". The two front teeth are sharp and used for cutting foods by pressing down. (eng: shine - from the whiteness of the teeth)
V) ens (סהנה ShNH) - I. Change:To exchange one thing for another. II. Repeat:To do something a second time. KJV (23): (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hitpael, Piel) change, second, again, diverse, alter, disguise, double, pervert, prefer, repeat - Strongs: H8138 (שָׁנָה)
Nm/f) ens (סהנה ShNH) - I. Two:In the sense of the changing seasons. [Hebrew and Aramaic; Written in the plural form mitsor nintin the Aramaic] [df: Myts]II. Sleep:[Unknown connection to rootHebrew and Aramaic] KJV (772): two, both, second, twain, twice, double - Strongs: H8147 (שְׁתַּיִם), H8578 (תִּנְיָן), H8648 (תַּרְתֵּין)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
מִשְׁנֶה m. (from the root שָׁנָה).
(1) the second rank, the second place, whether the order be regarded, or the dignity and honour. It is commonly subjoined in the genit., as כֹּהֵן הַמִּשְׁנֶה the second priest, the one next after the high priest (כֹּהֵן הָרֹאשׁ), 2 Kings 25:18; Jeremiah 52:24 plur. כֹּהֲנֵי הַמִּשְׁנֶה secondary priests, 2 Kings 23:4 מִרְכֶּבֶת הַמִּשְׁנֶה the second chariot (in order), Genesis 41:43 אָחִיהוּ מִשְׁנֶה his second brother (in age), 2 Chronicles 31:12 הָעִיר מִשְׁנֶה the second part of the city, Nehemiah 11:9 and simply מִשְׁנֶה id.; 2 Kings 22:14 Zeph: 1:10.
(2) concr. the second, one who takes the second place. Followed by a genit. of the person to whom he is next, מִשְׁנֵה הַמֶּלֶךְ second from the king, 2 Chronicles 28:7, compare 1 Samuel 23:17; Esther 10:3 Tob_1:22 especially the second brother (in age), 1 Chronicles 5:12; 1 Samuel 8:2.-Pl. אֲחֵיהֶם הַמִּשְׁנִים their younger brothers, opp. to the first-born, 1 Chronicles 15:18. כְּפוֹרֵי כֶסֶף מִשְׁנִים silver cups of the second order, Ezra 1:10; 1 Samuel 15:9, הַמִּשְׁנִים (cattle) of the second order (opp. to מֵיטָבּ), perhaps lambs of the second birth, i.e. autumnal lambs, weaker and of less value.
(3) two-fold, double, Exodus 16:22; Isaiah 61:7; Job 42:10; Zechariah 9:12.
(4) a copy of a book, exemplar, Deuteronomy 17:18; Joshua 8:32.
the Second Week after Easter