Click to donate today!
Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature
Arches, Court of
This court, which subsisted in England before the time of Henry II, is a court of appeal, belonging to the archbishop of Canterbury; the judge is called the dean of arches, because he anciently held his court in the church of St. Mary-le-bow (Sancta Maria de Arcubus). The spiritual courts are now held at Doctors' Commons.
These files are public domain.
McClintock, John. Strong, James. Entry for 'Arches, Court of'. Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature. https://www.studylight.org/encyclopedias/eng/tce/a/arches-court-of.html. Harper & Brothers. New York. 1870.
the Week of Proper 22 / Ordinary 27