Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature
of Naphtali. Lieut. Conder suggests (Tent Work in Palest. 2:366) for this site that of the present Ydter, situated a mile and a half north of Beit-lif (Heleph), and described as "a small stone village, containing about three hundred Metaweleh, situated on a hill-top, with olive-trees and arable land adjacent, having a pool and many cisterns and a spring near it;" also as containing rock-cut tombs, two ruined watch-towers, and other signs of antiquity (Memoirs to the Ordnance Survey, 1:203, 260). The place is not far from Hazor (if at Hazzur), and on the extreme western confines of: the tribe.
These files are public domain.
McClintock, John. Strong, James. Entry for 'Edrei (2)'. Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature. https://www.studylight.org/encyclopedias/eng/tce/e/edrei-2.html. Harper & Brothers. New York. 1870.