Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #3259 - יָעַד
1) to fix, appoint, assemble, meet, set, betroth
1a) (Qal) to appoint, assign, designate
1b1) to meet
1b2) to meet by appointment
1b3) to gather, assemble by appointment
1c) (Hiphil) to cause to meet
1d) (Hophal) to be set, be placed before, be fixed
1349) do (אהד AhD) AC: Repeat CO: ? AB: Witness: The pictograph o is a picture of the eye, the d is a picture of the door. Combined these mean "see the door". As coming to a tent a tent of meeting and entering in. A place, time or event that is repeated again and again.
Nf) do (אהד AhD) - I. Witness: II. Again:A repetition of time either definite or indefinite. [Hebrew and Aramaic] III. Until:A determinate period of time. KJV (269): witness, ever, everlasting, end, evermore, old, perpetually, by, as, when, how, yet, till, until, unto, for, to, but, on, within, filthy - Strongs: H1157 (בַּעַד), H5703 (עַד), H5704 (עַד), H5705 (עַד), H5707 (עֵד), H5708 (עִדָּה)
Nf1) edo (אהדה AhDH) - I. Company:A group with a common testimony. II. Witness:KJV (175): congregation, company, assembly, multitude, people, swarm, testimony, witness - Strongs: H5712 (עֵדָה), H5713 (עֵדָה)
V) edo (אהדה AhDH) - I. Adorn:To put on trappings which usually identify position or rank. II. Remove:[Unknown connection to root; Hebrew and Aramaic] KJV (19): (vf: Paal, Hiphil) deck, adorn, take, pass, depart, alter, took, pass, remove - Strongs: H5709 (עֲדָה), H5710 (עָדָה)
V) doi (יאהד YAhD) - Meet: A coming together as two or an assembly. KJV (1): (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hiphil, Hophal) meet, together, assemble, appoint, set, time, betroth, agree, gather - Strongs: H3259 (יָעַד)
am) dofm (מואהד MWAhD) - I. Appointment:A time that is repeated time after time. II. Company:A group that meet at specific times. KJV (224): congregation, feast, season, appointed, time, assembly, solemnity, solemn, days, sign, synagogue - Strongs: H4150 (מוֹעָדָה), H4151 (מוֹעָד)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
יָעַד fut. יִיעַד
(1) to point out, to define, to appoint, especially a place, Jeremiah 47:7, and time, 2 Samuel 20:5 also, a punishment, Micah 6:9.
(2) to espouse, a wife or concubine, Exodus 21:8, Exodus 21:9. (Arab. وعد to point out anything before, especially good; but also sometimes, to threaten some harm. III. to appoint a time or place.-Apparently cognate is הוֹדִיעַ to cause to know, to point out.)
(1) to meet with any one at an appointed place, to come with him to such a place; followed by לְ Exodus 25:22, 29:42, 43 Exodus 29:43, 30:6, 36 Exodus 30:36 followed by אֶל Numbers 10:4.
(2) recipr. to come together at an appointed time or place, Nehemiah 6:2, 10 Job 2:11; Amos 3:3 also generally, to come together, Joshua 11:5; 1 Kings 8:5 followed by עַל against any one, speaking of confederates, Numbers 14:35, 16:11 27:3.
Hiphil הוֹעִיד to appoint any one to meet at a certain time or place, specially for judgment; to summon to a court, to call on to plead. Job 9:19, מִי יוֹעִידֵנִי “who shall cite me?” Jeremiah 49:19, 50:44.
(1) to be appointed, set, Jeremiah 24:1.
(2) to be turned, as the face, Ezekiel 21:21.
Derivatives, עֵדָה, מוֹעֵד, מוֹעָד, מוּעָדָה, and pr.n. נוֹעַדְיָה.
the Second Week after Epiphany