Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #657 - אֶפֶס
1) ceasing, end, finality
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
אֶפֶס pr. cessation, hence
(A) subst. m.
(1) end, extremity. אַפְסֵי אֶרֶץ “end s of the earth,” poet. and hyperbol. used of the extreme limits of the earth, Psalms 2:8, 22:28, and elsewhere.
(2) Dual אַפְסַיִם of the extremities, i.e. the soles of the feet. Thus Ezekiel 47:3, מֵי אַפְסַיִם “water of the soles,” i.e. not deep, which would only wet the soles of the feet. Comp. פַּס. Ch., Syr., Vulg. render it ancles.
(1) no farther, i.e. לֹא עוֹד, Isaiah 5:8; Amos 6:10; Deuteronomy 32:36. Also moreover not, Isaiah 45:6, 46:9. There is once added עוֹד, 2 Samuel 9:3 also with Yod paragogic, Isaiah 47:8, 10 Isaiah 47:10; Zephaniah 2:15, אֲנִי וְאַפְסִי עוֹד “I am, and there is none besides.”
(2) not, Isaiah 54:15 בְּאֶפֶס like בְּלֹא without, Job 7:6; Daniel 8:25; Proverbs 14:28.
(3) nothing, Isaiah 41:12, 29 Isaiah 41:29מֵאֶפֶס id. prop.of nothing, Isaiah 40:17 בְּאֶפֶס “on account of nothing,” i.e. without cause, Isaiah 52:4.
(4) adv. of restraining; only, Numbers 22:35 (comp. verse 20 Numbers 22:20); 23:13.
(5) Conj. אֶפֶס כִּי pr. only that, simply, for the conjunction however, nevertheless, Numbers 13:28; Deuteronomy 15:4; Amos 9:8.
the Seventh Week after Easter